MOUSE OVER IMAGE TO PAUSE
Citygarden is a three-acre, two-block sculpture garden located in downtown St. Louis. The Terrace View is a 60-seat café designed to complement the garden's look and feel. A green roof system was employed to improve the views from surrounding high-rise buildings, and to contribute to conservation efforts used throughout Citygarden.
The café design, inspired by the work of architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, contrasts a solid stone-clad block that holds the kitchen, and a glass volume with a large steel trellis structure. The trellis cantilevers asymmetrically in reaction to the solar orientation and provides shade to those dining on the terrace.
• 2012 Honor Award in
• 2012 Tucker Design Awards for excellence in the use of natural stone,
• 2011 Amanda Burden Open Space Award,
• 2010 Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture
• 2010 Aon
• 2010 Lumen
• 2010 Award of Merit
• 2009 Merit Award for Excellence in Architecture
• 2009 Keystone Award for Excellence in Architecture
IN THE NEWS:
• "Beyond the Arch"
• "City Parks Bringing Urban Centers Back to Life"
• “Creating An Urban Oasis”
• "Spirit of St. Louis"
• "New Art Parks Enliven Urban Centers"
• "Sculpture to Invigorate a Shrinking City"
• "An Urban Oasis Blooms in St. Louis"
• "A City's Artful Heart"
© 2009 studio|durham architects